I am excited to offer comprehensive birth doula services as a DONA International trained birth professional. This service starts when you choose to work with PW and continues until after your baby is born.
Birth Doula Services with Peaceful Waters include:
- 2 prenatal visits, usually 1-1.5 hours long. Think of this as your doula prep time. In these meetings the expectant person and their birthing team meet with the doula to discuss their birth goals, things to avoid, and contingency plans. The doula can provide information and remind parents of options to consider.
- Phone or text support as the birth approaches.
- 24/7 on-call access starting 2 weeks before your due date and continuing until after the birth. Babies come in their own time, and doulas know that, which is why we are available to you night and day as your birth approaches.
- Encouragement and support in early labor. Contact your doula when you start seeing signs that labor is starting. This is time for celebration, relaxation and beginning the process of birth!
- In-person support at the start of active labor. When your waves/pulses/surges/contractions reach 1 minute in length, 5 minutes apart for 1 hour, it’s time for the doula to join you and to head to your birthing location.
- Physical, emotional, psychological, informational and hands-on support throughout your birthing experience.
- Postpartum care immediately following birth.
- Initial breastfeeding support.
- 1 postpartum visit, 1-2 weeks following birth.